GVSD Scheduling Support Sessions in the IT Training Room:
Session 1: 16-JAN-2018 – 8:30 – 12:30
- School setup, calendar setup, course catalogue (copy or setup), student transition and preparation, course selection preparation (academic track review)
- School year setup (terms, days, periods, dates); course offerings including courses closing and new courses; course selection sheets
- Setting up academic tracks – Course Selection Entry (counsellor/admin), mass entry of course selections; creating a scenario for request review
- Student transition information; Course selection sheets
Session 2: 30- JAN-2018 – 8:30 – 12:30
- Course Request Review (reports and screens to review student course selections), review of how to update student course selections (mass update and individual students),
- Building the schedule foundation. Review schedule builder and setup for the builder, courses, students and staff. Course sectioning. Rules review.
- Default transcript definition, review of terms, days, periods, grade terms and calendar dates; list of scheduling constraints for your school (what drives your schedule)
Session 3 26-FEB-2018 – 8:30 – 12:30
- The schedule workspace – building the master timetable. Review setup (staff, courses, classes, students and rooms). Placing schedule drivers, simulating other classes – simulating students into classes. Using the builder as a tool to place classes. Reporting and analysis of build results.
- Staffing; Room restriction/allocation (if used); understanding of what impacts schedule building at your school (room constraints, staff constraints etc.)
Session 4 06-APR-2018 – 1:00 – 4:00
- The focus will be on the Workspace and Build validation problem-solving; and generating reports to inform staffing. There will be time for participants to use the room to continue to work on their timetable.
Session 5 12-APR-2018 – 1:00 – 4:00
- The IT training room will be available for high school schedulers to work together on scheduling tasks. There will be opportunities for discussion of specific scheduling examples and for support and sharing with your colleagues.
Session 6 24-APR-2018 – 1:00 – 4:00
- 1-3 pm: During this session, we will dial in to the support session offered by the service provider. Their scheduling expert will be on hand to take your questions and look at your scenarios to help you problem-solve any issues that have arisen for you.
- 3-4 pm The room will remain available for you to continue to work on your scheduling tasks.
Quick Reference Documents:
- MTB Checklist:MTB_CheckList
- Instructions for Calculating FTE in MyEd: Calculating_FTE
- Instructions for using Workspace>Assignments for Assigning teachers to sections: Workspace_Assignments
- Load and Analysis Summary:Load and Analysis Load and Analysis
- Course Selection Power Point
MyEducationBC.info – School Scheduler Resources At the School Scheduler Resources page, the service provider has posted scheduling reference guides, learning event recordings and catalogue services available for purchase.
- Module 1: Scheduling Terms and Concepts
- Module 2: Course Catalog: Student and Staff Set-Up
- Module 3: Scenarios Time Structures and Rotations
- Module 4: Student Course Requests
Aspen Training Videos:
- SM3-2_Time Structures and Rotated Schedules
- SM8a_TheBuildWorkspace (2)